The BioTIME database contains raw data on species identities and abundances in ecological assemblages through time. The database consists of 11 tables; one raw data table plus ten related meta data tables. For further information please see our associated data paper.
This data consists of several elements:
- BioTIMESQL_02_04_2018.sql - an SQL file for the full public version of BioTIME which can be imported into any mySQL database.
- BioTIMEQuery_02_04_2018.csv - data file, although too large to view in Excel, this can be read into several software applications such as R or various database packages.
- BioTIMEMetadata_02_04_2018.csv - file containing the meta data for all studies.
- BioTIMECitations_02_04_2018.csv - file containing the citation list for all studies.
- BioTIMECitations_02_04_2018.xlsx - file containing the citation list for all studies (some special characters are not supported in the csv format).
- BioTIMEInteractions_02_04_2018.Rmd - an r markdown page providing a brief overview of how to interact with the database and associated .csv files (this will not work until field paths and database connections have been added/updated).
Please note: any users of any of this material should cite the associated data paper in addition to the DOI listed here.
To cite the data paper use the following:
Dornelas M, Antão LH, Moyes F, et al. BioTIME: A database of biodiversity time series for the Anthropocene. Global Ecology & Biogeography. 2018; 00:1 - 26. https://doi.org/10.1111/geb.12729