Monthly Samples of German Tweets
This dataset contains German tweets and Twitter accounts recorded from the public Twitter Streaming API using the following filters:
- terms: 'a', 'e', 'i', 'o', 'u', and 'n'
- language: 'de'
This filter combination should record (almost) all German tweets (in German it is very unlikely that terms do not contain vowels or the frequently used character 'n').
This dataset might be useful for the following use cases:
- Natural language processing (focussing on Twitter specifics in German, there exist only little German datasets)
- Social Network Analysis (Twitter network)
- Identifying behavioural patterns (retweeting, quoting, replying, hate speech, ...)
- Sharing political (or other domain-specific) content
- Bot detection
- and more ...
This dataset will be updated monthly. Each sample (starting in April 2019) will follow the following naming pattern:
- german-tweet-sample--.zip (size: ~ 1GB)
It will contain several bunches of recorded JSON gzipped files. Each bunch of records contains approximately 50k recorded tweets/accounts (size: ~ 6MB).