When do agents outperform centralized algorithms? - A systematic empirical evaluation in logistics - datasets and results v1.1.0
This directory contains the data and results that were used and obtained during the realization of the following paper:
When do agents outperform centralized algorithms? - A systematic empirical evaluation in logistics. Rinde R.S. van Lon and Tom Holvoet. Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (2017).
This is version v1.1.0. At the time of writing the paper is not yet accepted, some of the details (e.g. title, date of publication) are subject to change. The code that has been used can be found in this repository: https://github.com/rinde/vanLon17-JAAMAS-code
This directory has the following structure:
- makefile - script that can be used to run the analyses. The most important commands are:
- all - runs all analyses.
- paper-deps - runs only the analyses that were directly used in the paper.
- additional-analysis - runs several additional analyses.
- readme.txt - this file.
- results - contains all R-scripts used to analyse the data
- data/main - contains the results of the main result.
- data/mas-tuning - contains the results of the MAS tuning experiments.
- data/optaplanner-tuning-gendreau - contains the results of the OptaPlanner tuning experiments.
- data/sensitivity - contains the results of the simulator sensitivity experiments (using OptaPlanner algorithms).
- gendreau2006 - contains the dataset from the Gendreau et al.  paper, used for the OptaPlanner tuning experiments.
- mas-tuning-dataset - contains the dataset that was used for tuning the MAS. This was generated using the code from https://github.com/rinde/vanLon17-JAAMAS-code
- vanLonHolvoet15-adapted-to-4-hours - contains the dataset that was used for the main experiment. This is an adapted version of the dataset from . This version has a duration of 4 hours and requires a real-time simulator. It was generated using the code from https://github.com/rinde/vanLon17-JAAMAS-code
 Michel Gendreau, Francois Guertin, Jean-Yves Potvin, and René Séguin. Neighborhood search heuristics for a dynamic vehicle dispatching problem with pick- ups and deliveries. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 14 (3):157–174, 2006. ISSN 0968090X. doi:10.1016/j.trc.2006.03.002.
 Rinde R. S. van Lon and Tom Holvoet. Towards systematic evaluation of multi-agent systems in large scale and dynamic logistics. In Qingliang Chen, Paolo Torroni, Serena Villata, Jane Hsu, and Andrea Omicini, editors, PRIMA 2015: Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems: 18th International Conference, Bertinoro, Italy, October 26-30, 2015, Proceedings, pages 248–264. Springer In- ternational Publishing, Cham, 2015. ISBN 978-3-319-25524-8. doi:10.1007/978- 3-319-25524-8 16.