The L3 Render Package has been approved by the SBML Editors, but
approval came too late in the libSBML release cycle to include it
in this stable release of libSBML.
There are now two implementations of support for SBML Level 3
Version 2 Core. The libSBML code for L3V2 can now be considered
stable and will only change for bug fixes.
* New features
- The MATLAB interface now supports both the 'qual' and 'groups'
packages, in addition to 'fbc'.
- Unit checking has been expanded to include checking the
of , and to at least
allow detection of values with undeclared units.
- Writing out an XMLNode that represented XHTML with multiple
nested text elements could distrupt indentation (see bug fixes).
A new function XMLNode::writeToStream(XMLOutputStream&) checks
the indentation is correctly recovered after writing out the
- 'comp' package-specific updates:
- There has been some improvements made to the reporting of line
numbers for errors and warnings.
* Bug fixes
- SF Tracker #450: Code validating the shadowing of localParameter
was checking both 'id' and 'species' attributes. This rule should
only check the species attribute.
- SBML validation failed to distinguish between LocalParameters and
Parameters in L3V1 when reporting errors. This is fixed.
- libSBML had incorrectly reported that the 'fast' attribute was a
required attribute of L3V2 elements. This is fixed.
- The libSBML C API does not work with default arguments. There were
previously a few stray ones left in the API code. These have been
- The SBMLTransforms::evaluateASTNode function previously failed to
check that model values had been evaluated prior to trying to
evaluate an ASTNode. The relevant function now checks whether the
map of values is present and populates it, if necessary.
- Code that checked the syntax for attributes of type ID and IDREF
did not always use the appropriate function. These cases have been
- The use of an invalid syntax as the sbml:units attribute on a math
element was not being detected. This has been fixed. Thanks
to Nicolas Rodriguez for the report.
- The SBMLTransforms::evaluateASTNode function missed the fact that
in SBML Level 2, stoichiometry defaulted to '1'. This has been
- The use of certain combinations of text elements in a element
could derail the entire indentation of the document. This has been
reported by several people. Hopefully this time we have fixed the
situation for all cases where it may occur.
- The interactive help text stored with the functions and classes in
the Python bindings had many formatting problems and outright
omissions due to bugs in our "rewrite_pydoc.py" code. Many of
these problems should be fixed now.
- 'fbc' package-specific bug fixes:
- Validation incorrectly reported an empty
even when a model was being created and did in fact have a
element. This has been fixed. Thanks to Arthur
Goldberg for reporting it.
- An empty caused the reading of model
files to crash libSBML. This no longer happens.
- 'layout' package-specific bug fixes:
- Conversion between Level 2 annotations using both layout and render
and Level 3 packages has been corrected.
- 'qual' package-specific bug fixes:
- Functions to get math on a element were missing
from the C API. They have been added.
* Configuration/build system changes
- SourceForge Tracker item #447: Configuration no longer defines
HAVE_IEEEFP_H when using MSVC compilers as it is not needed
and not always present. Thanks to Alan Garny for spotting this.
- SourceForge Tracker item #443 & separate unreported problems:
Build failures with Java 9 should be fixed now. Thanks to Chris
West for reporting the issue related to building the docs.
support later versions of node.
- Documentation for the C API has been extensively improved.
- Support has been added for Python 2 unicode input.
- Currently we supply lib files built with MSVC2010 as part of the
windows installers. These will be removed from future releases.
Please let us know if this is an issue for you.
* New features
- 'render' package-specific updates:
- At the request of the SBMLEditors the attribute 'name' has been
added to render elements.
* Bug fixes
- 'render' package-specific bug fixes:
- Conversion between Level 2 annotations using both layout and
render and Level 3 packages has been corrected.
- 'spatial' package-specific bug fixes:
- There was a mismatch in the SetOperation enumeration in the
specification. This has been agreed as 'union', 'intersection'
and 'difference' and libSBML code has changed to reflect this.
- Corrected the output of a element to correctly use
an upper case G.